About the Company
Lightstorm is building infrastructure for hyperscale networking in South Asia and Southeast Asia to accelerate the region’s growth and spur innovation in the digital economy. We are pioneer in building a first-of-its-kind utility-grade resilient fibre network, SmartNet, in several countries in the region. A trusted partner of several Fortune 500 companies, Lightstorm is creating a robust foundation of digital infrastructure to create new sources of value and differentiation for businesses.
We are a carrier-neutral telecom infrastructure platform set up by I Squared Capital, a global infrastructure- focused private equity fund.
- SmartNet™ by Lightstorm Telecom Designed to be first of its kind in India is fibre-
based network, connecting top seven cities in India.
- SmartNet™ will connect >80% of all current & future Multi Tenant Data Centre locations, all
Cable Landing Stations, all Internet Exchanges and all current and future CDN locations.
- SmartNet™ Metro Network Topology – Linear Point-to-Point Mesh Architecture to ensure
low latency and high network availability.
- SmartNet™ is being progressively launched in first half of 2021 across India and second half
in other emerging Asia markets , mostly with large pre-booked capacities by global fortune
- Lightstorm Telecom is 100% owned SPV set up by a US based global infrastructure-focused PE
The mission of Lightstorm is to create a digital native and market leading network platform based business, built on asset acquisitions roll up and business transformation strategy.
|1||Linearity||Point to Point – Not ring based – Grid mesh Least count route KM’s fromP2P Latency guaranteed|
|2||Availibility||Utility grade national fiber (non telco) -based on gas/ oil pipeline. HV transmission. Railways grid. Ulta-high availability 99.9%|
|3||Services||service transparency at wavelengths. Glass pane for monitoring – Self-service portal – Only cloud bandwidth services|
|3||Programmability||Bandwidth on demand – Application-aware latency services – zero-touch provisioning – Optical VPN, Self-service portal – Ability to wholesale white- labelled offerings with own band – API Intergration to network SON.|
About Lighstorm NOC
- State-of-the-art Network Operations from two locations DC-Mumbai and DR-Noida
- Both the NOC operate in active-active mode as DC-DR
- Deployed and operating Cloud-hosted OSS- BSS systems
- In-house competence for Network & Service migration with experts coming from india and
Global Telecom Operations team
- Operational experience in managing own facilities and competence in NaaS and SaaS
- Single source of truth for LTC internal and external teams.
Role Responsibilities and key Accountabilities
Overall, this role exists for Responsible for managing the project transition and Project operations post Go Live
Role/ responsibilities include:
- Supports project planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting activities in a
project/Program office environment
- Develops understanding of the analysis of project economics including costs,
operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risk
- Supports project/Program documentation such as project plan; contributes to
requirements, risk schedule, and change control
- Collates requested information for the client
- Develops an understanding of the relationship with client’s project/Program
- Produces documents needed for changes to requirements
- Supports to estimate and communicate the impact of change requirements
- Maintaining Central Repository of all Operations Data
- Responsible for ensuring all Reports/management presentation inputs are
collated and presented in the desired format.
Key Accountabilities/ KPIs:
- Adheres to quality standards
- Ensuring Corrective actions are tracked & implemented
- 1. Minimum/ Ideal/ Target years of relevant and total experience : 8-10 years
- Industry preference, if any : Enterprise/Telecom
- Team Management experience required: No. Able to influence cross functional Teams.
- Education qualification (if required to be specified) : B.E./B.Tech or equivalent
- Skills required
- Project Management certifications (PMP or Prince 2)
- ITIL Knowledge is preferred
- MS Office, Visio, MS Project, Microsoft Excel
- Basic Telecom Knowledge
- Functional skills :
- Basic Project management skill
- Soft-skills/ behavioral :
- Excellent communication skill, Clear English speaking and writing ability
- Excellent co-ordination and Inter-personal effectiveness
- Have systematic approach towards work areas
- Should be able to cope up excellently under stressful circumstances
- Requirement to work in night shifts: No
- Business Travel requirements Not so Frequent