SME – IP Operations
About the Company
Lightstorm is building infrastructure for hyperscale networking in South Asia and Southeast Asia to accelerate the region’s growth and spur innovation in the digital economy. We are pioneer in building a first-of-its-kind utility-grade resilient fiber network, SmartNet, in several countries in the region. A trusted partner of several Fortune 500 companies, Lightstorm is creating a robust foundation of digital infrastructure to create new sources of value and differentiation for businesses.
We are a carrier-neutral telecom infrastructure platform set up by I Squared Capital, a global infrastructure- focused private equity fund.
- SmartNet™ by Lightstorm Telecom Designed to be first of its kind in India is fiber-based network, connecting top seven cities in India.
- SmartNet™ will connect >80% of all current & future Multi-Tenant Data Centre locations, all Cable Landing Stations, all Internet Exchanges and all current and future CDN locations.
- SmartNet™ Metro Network Topology – Linear Point-to-Point Mesh Architecture to ensure low latency and high network availability.
- SmartNet™ is being progressively launched in first half of 2021 across India and second half in other emerging Asia markets, mostly with large pre-booked capacities by global fortune 500 companies.
- Lightstorm Telecom is 100% owned SPV set up by a US based global infrastructure-focused PE fund.
Role Responsibilities and key Accountabilities
Overall, this role exists for a L1 position for network side. Overall, this role exists for monitoring the network proactively and maintain network uptime. Knowledge of Router (Nokia, RAD), Switch (Nokia)
Role/ responsibilities include:
- Customer circuit testing
- POC for LTC and Customer.
- Labelling and the patching for connectivity
- Cor-ordinating with the transport team for link activation.
- Patching for customer delivery.
- RMA acceptance and co-ordination with vendor.
- Co-ordinating with DC team for connectivity
- Migrating the services from one node to another.
- Providing remote support to NOC/ Engineer/ Vendor team.
- Material movement from one DC to Another DC/ WH
- Troubleshooting on Ethernet/MPLS technology L2 VPN and L3 VPN services design (VPWS, VPLS, EVPN, IES, VPRN) in coordination with NOC.
- Troubleshooting on Ethernet / MPLS technology (LDP, RSVP, Segment routing, T-LDP, SR-OS) in coordination with NOC.
- Ability to quickly isolate faults within the network and perform basic troubleshooting in initial 30 minutes.
- Co-ordinate with Contact Center/Service Operations center to support of Service outage
- Maintain history of problems and solutions
Key Accountabilities/ KPIs:
- Timely update tickets.
- Maintain incident tracker
- Troubleshoot the issue, isolate the issue, co-ordinate cross function with other team to resolve issue.
- Escalate to Level 2 after doing initial troubleshooting.
- Keep record of issue and prepare trend analysis and corrective issue.
- Experience on NOKIA OSS and the MDM, NSP and elements
- Operations and network service quality (Customer Facing and Internal KPIs)
- Network Expansion
- Network Improvement
- Database Creation, Updating and Automation
- Minimum/ Ideal/ Target years of relevant and total experience: 7-10 years
- Industry preference, if any: Telecom ISP/Vendor
- Team Management experience required: Yes
- Education qualification (if required to be specified) B.E./B. Tech Equivalent, CCNA or equivalent
Technical skills: Basic experience of IP – MPLS/ BGP/ Cloud introduction troubleshooting
Functional skills: Hands on in using ticketing tools and Monitoring tools like HPSM, Remedy, Temip, Mycom
Soft skills/ behavioral: Team player
To work in night shifts: Yes
Travel requirements No