Senior Manager, Fiber Planning
Opportunity to join the team for an exciting game changing start up Cloud fabric fiber operator in Asia which backed by a large global PE fund with+5B USD in digital infra investments globally and a world class management team.
About the Company
Lightstorm Telecom Ventures is India focused, independent, carrier-neutral telecom infrastructure platform set up by I Squared Capital, a global infrastructure- focused private equity fund. The mission of LTV is to create a digital native and market leading network platform based business, built on asset acquisitions roll up and business transformation strategy.
- SmartNet™ by Lightstorm Telecom Designed to be first of its kind in India is fibre based network, connecting top seven cities in India.
- SmartNet™ will connect >80% of all current & future Multi-Tenant Data Centre locations, all Cable Landing Stations, all Internet Exchanges and all current and future CDN locations.
- SmartNet™ Metro Network Topology – Linear Point-to-Point Mesh Architecture to ensure low latency and high network availability.
- SmartNet™ is being progressively launched in first half of 2021 across India and second half in other emerging Asia markets, mostly with large pre-booked capacities by global fortune 500 companies.
- Lightstorm Telecom is 100% owned SPV set up by a US based global infrastructure-focused PE fund.
- Responsible for fiber network planning for the entire network. It includes own fiber as well as IRU fiber through other operators.
- Responsible to entire Life cycle management from Planning, costing, Approval, Implementation, HOTO and hand over to operations.
- To ensure that the operating team shall achieve & maintain fiber network SLA/KPIs for circle.
Primary responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ability to independently conduct fiber network feasibility to connect new Building of Interest(s)
- Provide cost estimate of new fiber build and IB fiber rollout requirements
- Ability to discuss with MTDC/Land lords to establish new POPs and estimate budget requirements
- Project manage new fiber build routes with multiple partners
- Work closely with SCM to determine the BoM /BOQ for new fiber build and POP establishment and Site RFE readiness
- Source vendors for all OSP related material and services required for installation and commissioning of fiber routes and new POP build out
- Independently audit and qualify new fiber build routes by vendors with required test and measurement tools
- Provide GIS support for analyzing existing and new fiber routes
- Provide project budget and timelines for fiber rollout
- Drive OFC Network quality and network optimization programs across geography to improve customer experience and make the network a point of differentiation in the market place in terms of quality and cost leadership
- Team Building , competency development and communications across circles
- Responsible for resource development and implementation of best industry practices in circle
- Ensure HSW compliance within team and partner
Key Skills/ Experience
- 12 – 15 + years of Telecom domain experience in field projects & operations
- DWDM/SDH/MPLS Technologies etc.
- Extensive experience in fiber planning and roll out.
- In-building fiber planning and roll out.
- Exposure to all construction modes – HDD, Open Trenching, Micro Trenching, Wall clamping, Trey, Shaft etc
- Hand on experience on GIS, Google earth or equivalent, MS office – Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Should be able to carry out independently Route surveys, In- building surveys, create As-built in GIS or equivalent.
- Should be able to design network and create kmz files basis network design.
- Fiber Optical Networking & having expertise in fiber planning, operations & maintenance
- Fiber project & operational standards/processes.
- Program Management Skills
- Vendor Management Skills.
- Vendor & Field Governance.
- Leadership & team management qualities.
- Problem Management skills & good in communication skills
- Ability to work in dynamic and matrix organization.
- Transformation & Digitization with expertise in GIS.
- Knowledge of Telecom Standards and Processes.
- Process Development and Implementation
- Expertise in dealing with authorities, ROW & local challenges
- Expertise in NOC and Field management
Must have technical /professional qualification
- Graduation – B. E./B. Tech.
- Post-Graduation – MBA/ME/M Tech.
- SDH, DWDM, 100G, 200G, Access, CEN, Fiber Optical Networking, Governance, Vendor Management, Operation Management etc.