Product Manager, Interconnection & Ecosystem
Opportunity to join the team for an exciting game changing start up Cloud fabric fiber operator in Asia which backed by a large global PE fund with+5B USD in digital infra investments globally and a world class management team.
About the Company
Lightstorm Telecom Ventures is India focused, independent, carrier-neutral telecom infrastructure platform set up by I Squared Capital, a global infrastructure- focused private equity fund. The mission of LTV is to create a digital native and market leading network platform based business, built on asset acquisitions roll up and business transformation strategy.
- SmartNet™ by Lightstorm Telecom Designed to be first of its kind in India is fibre based network, connecting top seven cities in India.
- SmartNet™ will connect >80% of all current & future Multi-Tenant Data Centre locations, all Cable Landing Stations, all Internet Exchanges and all current and future CDN locations.
- SmartNet™ Metro Network Topology – Linear Point-to-Point Mesh Architecture to ensure low latency and high network availability.
- SmartNet™ is being progressively launched in first half of 2021 across India and second half in other emerging Asia markets, mostly with large pre-booked capacities by global fortune 500 companies.
- Lightstorm Telecom is 100% owned SPV set up by a US based global infrastructure-focused PE fund.
We are looking for a talented Product Manager to build, launch, and own our Interconnect services to ecosystem partners such as DC, IX, Security, SaaS etc. on our NaaS (Network-as-a-Service) Platform. You are a key member of a global product management organization helping to bring to life the vision & strategy for a comprehensive Interconnect service portfolio.
Our NaaS platform enables Lightstorm’s customers to order, provision & monitor networking services orchestrating the full B2B customer life cycle. The customer-facing portal is the customer touchpoint for our whole portfolio of networking solutions including third-party value-added service via partners.
The role will translate the strategic objective into a roadmap and solutions by using customer centric methods to determine evolution steps of the products and manage them in an agile way. You will be responsible for holistically defining how customers interact with and manage them, enabling and empowering them to understand and act on their insights.
The successful candidate will have deep expertise in the area of Interconnection using private network and understands the pain points faced by businesses connecting to DC, IX and other endpoints. He/She understands the relationship between Network Providers and such Partners and provides insights to manage such relationship for a successful Interconnection portfolio.
The scope involves the setup and subsequently the continuous development of the Interconnection products by working closely with other core Product Managers (Platform and Cloud Networking services) and internal teams in Network Engineering, Operations, Finance, Sales, and external development partners. Alongside of the classic tasks of product management, this role requires a strong focus on Product growth, customer satisfaction, openness to new business models and digital KPIs.
Primary responsibilities and accountabilities
- Define and drive the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for Lightstorm’s Interconnection portfolio.
- Drive the full product lifecycle from research, design, specification, metrics definition, development, launch, and beyond.
- Work closely with UX Design, UX Research, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, and other cross-functional teams to prioritize features, ship products, and iterate based on data-driven insights.
- Work in collaboration with other Product Managers to define the holistic digital strategy for Interconnection services to optimize customer satisfaction and digitally enhance the product/system/service portfolio.
- Translate long term business/product strategies into short term, iterative development cycles and technical requirements to internal & external teams
- Identify clear, measurable metrics to track the success of the products via NaaS platform, and the hypotheses you need to prove along the way.
- Understand the competitive landscape and use customer feedback to identify new market opportunities and develop strategies for capturing those opportunities.
- Bring superior industry and product insight into Interconnection growth using external relationships with Technology and Ecosystem Partners.
- Conduct regular Business reviews with the partners to assess the market and product performance
- Be the expert in each partner ecosystem to provide technical and commercial advice around Interconnection to the partner
Key Skills/ Experience
The candidates who will excel in this role probably have a university degree, a solid background in engineering with a natural inclination towards planning and creating amazing products.
He/She needs to be a self-starter with ‘growth mindset’ to be able to take up ‘industry first’ challenging assignment with the approach of a ‘entrepreneur-manager’ (do-what-you-have-to-do, v/s to do- what- you- have-to be -told to do)
- At least 5 years relevant experience in product management of telecom networking services
- Preference for candidates with experience in a technical role, building and using services on major cloud providers
- The candidate should have a good knowledge (in terms of market, technical and product features) on Networking related services, including WAN networking like SD WAN, Ethernet, and others
- Good knowledge in working/partnering with Technology/Software/Hyperscaler partners to jointly offer differentiated solutions in the market
- Proven experience in prioritizing development activities, writing requirements, and producing continual product improvements
- Experience leading cross functional engineering teams and collaborating well in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, plus strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- A never-ending drive to solve complex problems, move projects to completion, and gather feedback from customers
- Experience creating key performance metrics, and measurements of product success
- Product-Led Growth mindset keeping customer at the center of everything
- Never afraid to question notions or beliefs of how things should be done