Specialist – Transmission
About the Company
Lightstorm is a network infrastructure platform set up by I-Squared Capital, a global infrastructure- focused private equity fund. The mission of Lightstorm is to create a digital native and market leading network platform-based business, built on asset acquisitions roll up and business transformation strategy.
Our network infrastructure platform is built to solve the hyperscale demands and quality network infrastructure issue in emerging markets. We are the winner of the 12th Aegis Graham Bell Awards in the category of Digital Transformation for Telecom. A few things that set us apart:
- Trusted by hyperscalers and several Fortune 500 companies for high-quality resilient network.
- Network platform built ground-up using next-generation technology with no legacy to hold us back.
- Superior utility-grade fiber network ensures 100% uptime, flap and latency guarantees, allowing businesses to deliver a superior end-user experience.
- Powered by software-defined architecture, our on-demand platform allows businesses to quickly connect, scale and dynamically manage their network.
- Led by industry leaders from diverse technology backgrounds, Lightstorm has adopted an innovator mindset to solve the pain points of traditional networking.
About Lightstorm Network Operations Center ‘NOC’
- State-of-the-art Network Operations from two locations DC-Mumbai and DR-Noida
- Both the NOC operate in active-active mode as DC-DR
- Deployed and operating Cloud-hosted OSS- BSS systems
- In-house competence for Network & Service migration with experts coming from india and Global Telecom Operations team
- Operational experience in managing own facilities and competence in NaaS and SaaS
- Single source of truth for LTC internal and external teams.
Role and Responsibilities
Overall, this role exists for advance network operations having good expertises in DWDM & OTN Network to maintain network uptime high.
Role/ responsibilities include:
- Fault & Performance Monitoring
- Network performance Monitoring/configuration
- Guiding L1 team for troubleshooting & understanding/ corelating Network Outage vs. impact
- RCA & Alarm correlation
- Impact Analysis or SIA during Network Outage, Problem Management
- Handling escalated calls and coordinating with the concerned team/field to restore the fault
- Service Provisioning on IMS & Network (Port addition/deletion, Card addition/Deletion)
- Generation of network performance reports
- Field co-ordination during complex Change/Planned event
- Vendor co-ordination
- Raw Report generation – Fault, Performance, Capacity, Inventory, etc.
Key Accountabilities/ KPIs:
- Vendor SLA management
- Timely resolution of fault cases escalated by L2
- Equipment AMC/warranty/version tracking
- Problem ticket management
- Minimum years of relevant experience : 3 years
- Should have worked with Telecom ISP/Vendors.
- Should have prior team management experience
- Education qualification: B.E./B. Tech or equivalent (ITIL V3 foundation, CCNA preferred)
- Hands on experience on Telecom network with DWDM/SDH and IP technologies preferred Ciena 6500, 5430 /Nokia PSS32, PSS4 Network experience
- Knowledge of different layers of DWDM Network
- Strong knowledge of FM/PM, Inventory & Ticketing tools like HPSM, Remedy, Temip, Mycom
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of different protection schemes (OPS/1+1)
- Excellent communication skills, clear English speaking and writing ability
- Should be able to cope up excellently under stressful situations
- Excellent Cross functional, co-ordination and inter-personal effectiveness
Requirement to work in night shifts: Yes
Business Travel requirements: No