Senior Specialist – Transmission
About the Company
Lightstorm is a network infrastructure platform set up by I-Squared Capital, a global infrastructure- focused private equity fund. The mission of Lightstorm is to create a digital native and market leading network platform-based business, built on asset acquisitions roll up and business transformation strategy.
Our network infrastructure platform is built to solve the hyperscale demands and quality network infrastructure issue in emerging markets. We are the winner of the 12th Aegis Graham Bell Awards in the category of Digital Transformation for Telecom. A few things that set us apart:
- Trusted by hyperscalers and several Fortune 500 companies for high-quality resilient
- Network platform built ground-up using next-generation technology with no legacy to hold
- Superior utility-grade fiber network ensures 100% uptime, flap and latency guarantees,
allowing businesses to deliver a superior end-user experience.
- Powered by software-defined architecture, our on-demand platform allows businesses to
quickly connect, scale and dynamically manage their network.
- Led by industry leaders from diverse technology backgrounds, Lightstorm has adopted an
innovator mindset to solve the pain points of traditional networking.
About Lightstorm Network Operations Center ‘NOC’
- State-of-the-art Network Operations from two locations DC-Mumbai and DR-Noida
- Both the NOC operate in active-active mode as DC-DR
- Deployed and operating Cloud-hosted OSS- BSS systems
- In-house competence for Network & Service migration with experts coming from india and Global Telecom Operations team
- Operational experience in managing own facilities and competence in NaaS and SaaS
- Single source of truth for LTC internal and external teams.
Role Responsibilities and key Accountabilities
Overall, this role exists for Fault diagnosis, troubleshooting and ticket management.
Level 3 NOC takes care of very complex and critical network / System related issues escalated by Level 2 NOCs or related to the crucial backbone networks. The issues can be cross-functional in nature with respect to Voice Networks. This requires very high level of expertise within the telecom domain.
- Coordinate with OEMs for unresolved critical tickets and software related issues
- Handle complex network activity
- Planning and execution of NE upgrade, Server upgrade with help of vendor
- Problem Management for customer servoice /Network issue
- Vendor TT Queue Management
- Handling escalated calls and co-ordinate with respective stakeholder for resolution
- Guide to L2 team for Circuit rerouting during fault
- Guiding team for circuit troubleshooting & understanding/ corelating Network Outage vs. impact
- Validation of Preventive Maintenance schedule
- Network problem Management & improvement initiative discussion with engineering
- Governing Weekly/Monthly vendor calls
Key Accountabilities/ KPIs:
- Vendor SLA Management
- Timely resolution of fault cases escalated by L2
- Equipment AMC/ Warranty/ Version tracking
- Problem ticket management
- Minimum years of relevant experience: 8 years
- Should have worked with Telecom ISP/Vendors.
- Should have prior team management experience
- Education qualification: B.E./B. Tech or equivalent (ITIL V3 foundation, CCNA preferred)
- Excellent understanding on Transport terminology Like, DWDM, SDH, OTN
- Experience in Ciena device 6500, 5200, 4200, RLS
- Experience in Nokia PSS32, PSS4
- Hands on in using ticketing tools and Monitoring tools like HPSM, Remedy, Temip, Mycom
- Knowledge of Service Delivery & Service Assurance and Field Processes
- Good Analytical skill
- Excellent communication skill, clear English speaking and writing ability
- Should be able to cope up excellently under stressful circumstances
- Excellent Cross functional co-ordination and Inter-personal effectiveness
Requirement to work in night shifts: No
Business Travel requirements: No