About the Company
Lightstorm is building infrastructure for hyperscale networking in South Asia and Southeast Asia to accelerate the region’s growth and spur innovation in the digital economy. We are pioneer in building a first-of-its-kind utility-grade resilient fibre network, SmartNet, in several countries in the region. A trusted partner of several Fortune 500 companies, Lightstorm is creating a robust foundation of digital infrastructure to create new sources of value and differentiation for businesses.
We are a carrier-neutral telecom infrastructure platform set up by I Squared Capital, a global infrastructure- focused private equity fund.
- SmartNet™ by Lightstorm Telecom Designed to be first of its kind in India is fibre-
based network, connecting top seven cities in India.
- SmartNet™ will connect >80% of all current & future Multi Tenant Data Centre locations, all
Cable Landing Stations, all Internet Exchanges and all current and future CDN locations.
- SmartNet™ Metro Network Topology – Linear Point-to-Point Mesh Architecture to ensure
low latency and high network availability.
- SmartNet™ is being progressively launched in first half of 2021 across India and second half
in other emerging Asia markets , mostly with large pre-booked capacities by global fortune
- Lightstorm Telecom is 100% owned SPV set up by a US based global infrastructure-focused PE
The mission of Lightstorm is to create a digital native and market leading network platform based business, built on asset acquisitions roll up and business transformation strategy.
|1||Linearity||Point to Point – Not ring based – Grid mesh Least count route KM’s fromP2P Latency guaranteed|
|2||Availibility||Utility grade national fiber (non telco) -based on gas/ oil pipeline. HV transmission. Railways grid. Ulta-high availability 99.9%|
|3||Services||service transparency at wavelengths. Glass pane for monitoring – Self-service portal – Only cloud bandwidth services|
|3||Programmability||Bandwidth on demand – Application-aware latency services – zero-touch provisioning – Optical VPN, Self-service portal – Ability to wholesale white- labelled offerings with own band – API Intergration to network SON.|
About Lighstorm NOC
- State-of-the-art Network Operations from two locations DC-Mumbai and DR-Noida
- Both the NOC operate in active-active mode as DC-DR
- Deployed and operating Cloud-hosted OSS- BSS systems
- In-house competence for Network & Service migration with experts coming from india and
Global Telecom Operations team
- Operational experience in managing own facilities and competence in NaaS and SaaS
- Single source of truth for LTC internal and external teams.
Role Responsibilities and key Accountabilities
Overall, this role exists for monitoring the network proactively and maintain network uptime.
Role/ responsibilities include:
- Proactive Network Monitoring
- Opening and closing trouble tickets
- Ability to quickly isolate faults within the network and perform basic trouble
shooting in initial 30 minutes.
- Co-ordinate with Contact Center/Service Operations center to support of
- Troubleshoot as per available KEDM & if required escalate to Level 2
- Maintain history of problems and solutions
Key Accountabilities/ KPIs:
- Timely acknowledge/Report alarm
- Timely update tickets
- Maintain incident tracker
- Minimum/ Ideal/ Target years of relevant and total experience : 2-3 years
- Industry preference, if any : Telecom ISP/Vendor
- Team Management experience required: No
- Education qualification (if required to be specified) B.E./B. Tech Equivalent
- Skills required
- Technical skills : Basic experience of TX- SDH/DWDM troubleshooting
- Functional skills : Hands on in using ticketing tools and Monitoring tools like HPSM,
Remedy, Temip, Mycom
- Business skills
- Soft-skills/ behavioral : Team player
- Requirement to work in night shifts: Yes
- Business Travel requirements No