About the Company
Lightstorm is building infrastructure for hyperscale networking in South Asia and Southeast Asia to accelerate the region’s growth and spur innovation in the digital economy. We are pioneer in building a first-of-its-kind utility-grade resilient fibre network, SmartNet, in several countries in the region. A trusted partner of several Fortune 500 companies, Lightstorm is creating a robust foundation of digital infrastructure to create new sources of value and differentiation for businesses.
We are a carrier-neutral telecom infrastructure platform set up by I Squared Capital, a global infrastructure- focused private equity fund.
- SmartNet™ by Lightstorm Telecom Designed to be first of its kind in India is fibre-
based network, connecting top seven cities in India.
- SmartNet™ will connect >80% of all current & future Multi Tenant Data Centre locations, all
Cable Landing Stations, all Internet Exchanges and all current and future CDN locations.
- SmartNet™ Metro Network Topology – Linear Point-to-Point Mesh Architecture to ensure
low latency and high network availability.
- SmartNet™ is being progressively launched in first half of 2021 across India and second half
in other emerging Asia markets , mostly with large pre-booked capacities by global fortune
- Lightstorm Telecom is 100% owned SPV set up by a US based global infrastructure-focused PE
The mission of Lightstorm is to create a digital native and market leading network platform based business, built on asset acquisitions roll up and business transformation strategy.
|1||Linearity||Point to Point – Not ring based – Grid mesh Least count route KM’s fromP2P Latency guaranteed|
|2||Availibility||Utility grade national fiber (non telco) -based on gas/ oil pipeline. HV transmission. Railways grid. Ulta-high availability 99.9%|
|3||Services||service transparency at wavelengths. Glass pane for monitoring – Self-service portal – Only cloud bandwidth services|
|3||Programmability||Bandwidth on demand – Application-aware latency services – zero-touch provisioning – Optical VPN, Self-service portal – Ability to wholesale white- labelled offerings with own band – API Intergration to network SON.|
Role Responsibilities and key Accountabilities
Overall, this role exists for a Cloud specialist who is responsible for performing the technical duties associated with cloud computing. This can involve anything from designing cloud software and systems to implementing and maintaining them.
Cloud specialist needs to have experience with at least one of the 2-3 major cloud providers like:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure.
- Google Cloud (GCP—formerly Google Cloud Platform)
- IBM Cloud (formerly SoftLayer)
- Oracle Cloud.
- Alibaba Cloud
Role/ responsibilities include:
- Individual should be able to design industry best practises for clould connectivity
- Individual should be able to design connectivity service resiliency for Cloud providers
- Individual should be able to understand and provide the customer solution for multi-cloud perspective
- Individual should know about the partnership with cloud provider and should be able to developed engagement with cloud providers
- On-boarding of the cloud partnership and the managing the cloud partnership.
- Individual shoiuld be able to understand basic networking IP routing / firewall / switching technologies
- Individual should know basic of NETCONF, YANG model
- Individual should be able to work cross function with other teams.
- Individual should be target oriented and the self driven to close individual task
- Interlock with Engineering, Operations, IT, Legal and Regulatory, Program Manager, Service team, Regional Product Managers ensure timely delivery/roll out of new Service/Features as defined in the roadmap
- Individual should be able to do integration with the Orchstrator (API integration) using tools like Postman and Scripting Languages like Perl, Python.
- Key Accountabilities/ KPIs:
- Cloud domain expertise and Certification (Expert Level)
- Integration with internal OSS/ BSS / orchestrator
- Knowledge SD WAN
- Minimum 5 years of relevant and total experience in cloud domain
- Education qualification graduate engineer.
- Business Travel requirements : Yes
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, plus strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- A never-ending drive to solve complex problems, move projects to completion, and gather
feedback from customers