Channel Program Manager, Platform
Opportunity to join the incubation team for an exciting game changing start-up Cloud fabric fiber operator in Asia which backed by a large global PE fund with+30B USD in digital infra investments globally and a world class management team.
About the Company
Lightstorm is a network infrastructure platform set up by I-Squared Capital, a global infrastructure focused private equity fund. The mission of Lightstorm is to create a digital native and market leading network platform based business, built on asset acquisitions roll up and business transformation strategy.
Our network infrastructure platform is built to solve the hyperscale demands and quality network infrastructure issue in emerging markets. We are the winner of the 12th Aegis Graham Bell Awards in the category of Digital Transformation for Telecom. A few things that sets us apart:
- Trusted by hyperscalers and several Fortune 500 companies for high-quality resilient network
- Network platform built ground-up using next-generation technology with no legacy to hold us back
- Superior utility-grade fiber network ensures 100% uptime, flap and latency guarantees, allowing businesses to deliver a superior end-user experience
- Powered by software-defined architecture, our on-demand platform allows businesses to quickly connect, scale and dynamically manage their network
- Led by industry leaders from diverse technology backgrounds, Lightstorm has adopted an innovator mindset to solve the pain points of traditional networking
Overview & Role description:
We are looking for a talented Channel Program leader to build, launch, and run the Channel Partner Program for our NaaS (Network-as-a-Service) platform. The NaaS platform will enable Lightstorm’s customers to order, provision & monitor networking services orchestrating the full B2B customer life cycle. The platform is the customer touchpoint for our whole portfolio of networking solutions including third-party value-added service via partners.
You are a key member of a global product & marketing organization helping to bring to life the vision & strategy of a successful NaaS platform. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an incredibly fast growing business. The ideal candidate is experienced in building partner programs, and has a proven ability in managing Channels in the Cloud ecosystem.
The Channel Program Manager plans, organizes and executes programs while supporting channel partners that create relevant two-way interactions with indirect local buyers and customers to inform and influence their buying decisions and broader relationship with Lightstorm.
The Channel Program specialist is aligned across segments, markets, country, or cohort of these, and paired with channel sales teams and partners to support the attainment of annual channel sales revenue objectives.
The role also partners with demand marketing function to create and deliver channel marketing plans that deliver maximum impact through a combination of tailored global and new market-specific activities.
Primary responsibilities and accountabilities
- Design, build and manage Partner Programs including the Program Guide, MDF Program, Reseller, Services, Alliances, Deal Registration Program, etc.
- Design, build & launch partner portal.
- Design & launch field enablement on Partner Program, Rules of Engagement, Deal Reg, How to Partner, etc.
- Create channel marketing plans that help local channel sales and partners achieve a healthy pipeline
- Build comarketing plans with designated partners in support of revenue targets in line with local marketing plans
- Understand local partner requirements for program localization and local execution support
- Support collection and analysis of indirect buyer insights and audience segmentation into roadmap for the Channel Program.
- Work with partners to deliver high-quality, localized marketing activities that drive targeted demand generation
- Develop and manage local partner engagement activities (e.g., partner events, local launch execution, to partner communications, partner training, partner webinars)
- Actively seek and create local joint customer success stories to demonstrate best practices and strong partner relationships
- Work cross functionally with sales operations, marketing, finance, enablement and technical teams to secure, operationalize and manage all the committed benefits to the partners.
- Measure, analyze, and report on local channel marketing pipeline-building activities to determine their contribution to pipeline health and evaluate marketing effectiveness/ROI
- Establish and track metrics of the Channel Program and run a quarterly compliance process
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA preferred
He/She needs to be a self-starter with ‘growth mindset’ to be able to take up ‘industry first’ challenging assignment with the approach of a ‘entrepreneur-manager’ (do-what-you-have-to-do, v/s to do- what- you- have- to be -told to do)
- 8-10 years partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry
- Three or more years working in channel program and supporting partners in the Cloud space
- Hands-on experience building and managing partner program in Cloud space
- Marketing experience and a strong understanding of indirect B2B channels
- Track record of success in all key areas of responsibility
- Proven experience working successfully with sales teams
- Product-Led Growth mindset keeping customer at the center of everything
- Never afraid to question notions or beliefs of how things should be done
Technologies Supporting The Role
- Sales force automation systems
- Marketing resource management
- Productivity applications (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Channel marketing and management
- Channel incentive management
- Partner relationship management
- Tools for partners (e.g., partner portal, learning management system, lead management)
- Annual Channel Sales targets
- Channel fund (e.g., MDF, co-op funds, launch funds) utilization and ROI
- Partner adoption of campaigns and assets
- Number of partner-generated leads
- Contribution to channel pipeline
- Deals registered from channel-marketing–influenced programs
- Lead performance by partner
- Partner adoption of channel campaigns, activities, assets, and tools